Saturday, June 25, 2011

OMG - What have I gotten myself into?

Yesterday, I put Daniela down for a nap and hopped on the computer to check my email, because we'd been at a friend's house playing all day.  About 15 minutes later I hear someone running the loop around the house...from my room, through the bathroom, the Man Cave and into the kitchen and then I hear my hubby say " T thought she was suppose to take a nap? ",  I see Daniela run across the living room and down the hall and into her bedroom and I hear the door slam shut.  " She was!", I proclaim, "So why did you get her out?"  We stare each other down and then he says in a very quiet voice.  "I didn't".  Oh no, I must have left the crib rail down, I rationalized and go to her room to check.  I open the door and lo and behold the crib rail is up and Daniela is looking very guilty. 

Yes, everybody; her Mama is in Spain and this little Houdini has figured out how to get out of her bed all by herself.  Near panic sets in as I envision  her attempting to escape at every nap and bedtime for the next 4 weeks.  I proceed to eat a bag of pop chips while I take some time to think of all my options.  At bedtime I keep checking on her to make sure she's still lying down.  I worry that she'll get out at night and I won't hear her, so I give the house a safety inspection and make sure there's nothing left out she can get in to.  I didn't sleep particularly well and then mid-morning my hubby informs me that he lowered the crib mattress another three inches.  Good Grief!  I thought it was already at the lowest level.  Whew!  I believe we will be okay after all.

1 comment:

Theresa said...

oh my goodness, Doris! So glad that you found a solution in a short time.