Thursday, December 31, 2009

Happy New Year 2010 & Random Cows

Unlike all those organized people out there in blog land that have posted all about the present day,Dorsey is a bit behind...story of my life.

New Years Eve is not something we do up big at our house. I'm doing good if I manage to stay awake until the clock strikes twelve. Rick and Audra went to the movies and were back here with us before midnight. Today they headed back home to New Mexico (both of them really missed their pets); Rick his dog, Cody and Audra her cats, Ruby Boy and Elton.

So while others are starting 2010 with resolutions, diets and another large dinner, I'm finishing my blog post on my trip to Mexico. The second weekend I was in Guanajuato, we went up into the mountains (higher than we already were) to this very nice restaurant. The entrance was in the back and the dining area was huge; there was a fireplace and a beautiful Christmas Tree. Daniela slept during the beginning of the feast, but woke up in time to dance with Daddy to some music they were playing.







We or I should say at least I was surprised to see these random cows grazing in front of this nice eatery right next to a busy road. They weren't fenced in and we didn't see anyone around taking care of them. No herding dog, no shepherd...is that what you call someone who takes care of the cows too? Ashley determined they were just random cows and Miguel tried to persuade her otherwise. It became a joke. They were not the only unattended cows we saw up in the mountains.



And I wanted to include this picture of a church that I took, because I thought it was pretty enough to make a postcard. The colors are very vivid. The words on the sign - Abierto - means Open.

*******RETRACTION!!! This is a Restaurant...It just looks like a Church*******

2 comments:

Ashley said...

that "church" is a restaurant :)

Dorsey said...

OOOOPPPS! I'll do a retraction.