Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Cherish the Gift

Cherish the gift of family and friends this season! For those of you that didn't get a personal copy of your own....sorry. I ordered them from MX and had a few computer issues and debated on whether to give up the whole idea of sending these cards this year. However, I was able to pull it off at the last minute, but they were expensive, so I ordered less than usual.



It has been quite a rush getting home from Mexico just a week before Christmas. The tree was up, but hubby waited for me to decorate it. I had decided that this year I would decorate the tree with birds only. Our first year with no kids home and I decided to do something different this year. I've been collecting the birds over the years and was very pleased with the finished product. It is so pretty with the tree lit and all the icicles hanging down.



There are birds from Bronners, and Bar Harbor Maine, and many other states we visited on vacation. There are birds from Germany (Thanks Rick & Audra) and from Thailand (Thanks Debbie) and I made an attempt to bring one back from Mexico, but was unsuccessful on that one. Ashley promised to keep a look-out for one. Some of the birds I bought for myself and others I received as gifts. I have a cardinal from one of my girl scouts, from way back when I was leader.



The chickadees remind me of my Grandfather on my Dad's side of the family. There are humming birds, black birds, blue birds and blue jays. Robins, downy-woodpeckers and parrots. Gold finches, wrens, purple martins and a partridge in a pear tree. There are birds I can't identify, I think someone dreamt up a few new species.



I think it looks great just like it is, but I still look forward to collecting a few more birds. What do you think? What's on your tree? What do you collect?

No comments: