Friday, December 11, 2009

When pictures come

When pictures come....they will be of downtown Guanajuato. I took pictures of Ashley & Miguel in Jardin Union, they turned out great. Poinsettias were everywhere and there is a hugh decorated (very cone shaped) Christmas tree. The street that goes down to the subterranian highway was lined with pots of poinsettias as well. The tunnels are all curved in shape and they are not straight through like the tunnels through the mountains on the way to North Carolina. These have forks in them and you have to choose left or right. It is scary to travel along even at slower speeds because you don't know what's coming up next. We traveled through a four way intersection down there.

I snapped a shot of the Furnicular - which is a car that travels to the top of the mountain where the famous statue called the Pipila is standing. We did not take the trip ourselves with the new baby. We ate downtown at a restuarant called the Turco 7,(Lucky 7). Ashley & I had the Red Chicken Enchiladas, I was suprised to find potatoes and carrotts in them.

There will be pictures posted of the Theatre Juarez with the statues lining the top of the huge theatre and the two lions out front guarding the entry.

It is customary to take the baby to the church and thank God for his blessing on the babies first outing. We went to the San Diego Church. A mass was in session, so I couldn't take photos inside, but I did get a couple from the exterior. Miguel & Ashley feel profoundly blessed to have Daniela arrive healthy and whole. The church was old and very ornate.

I will post again, when I am able. We are going to take the baby for another walk in the sunshine. I think she enjoys it as much as I do.

No comments: