Sunday, December 20, 2009

Mining in Guanajuato

On our way to Sunday brunch up in the mountains, we passed this old mine.



We stopped for a short time at this mining spot also. It was a like a park, but there were machinery displays here and there of which I took not a single picture. The view was unbelievable. Ashley told me she had set on the ledge on previous visits. So not to be out-done I climbed right up there without hesitation and nearly fell to my death.

Not! I enjoyed the view from further back like any other sensible mother would do.



Mining cars still used today. Yes, this is a working mine, which Miguel informed us the Canadians own this and all the other mines in Guanajuato now.



A display of the stones that were taken from the mines and samples of beautiful jewelry, crosses and other items made from them.





This cactus plant/tree was so cool and huge, I couldn't resist taking a picture.


I asked Ashley what kind of fruit it was. She said "Cactus Fruit". Dah!



An ancient church still standing near the park.

1 comment:

Ashley said...

actually it's a new church they haven't finished building yet, but everything else was pretty acurate! and that's not a half bad picture of me... thanks! xoxo