Monday, December 14, 2009

Winding down on the Gramie Tour

Tomorrow will be the last day on the Gramie Tour. Early Wed. morning I will be heading to the airport for the return trip to reality. It will be back to the cold and snow. Back to taking the dog outside to potty and freezing while I wait. I'll be rising early to pack a lunch and get ready for work. No little sweet one to cuddle and rock. I knew it was coming and I'm prepared to deal with it, but sometimes reality stinks.

I will miss chatting with Ashley and getting to know Miguel. I'll miss the warmth of the sun and the view of the mountains. It has been a great two weeks and I feel truly blessed to have been able to make the trip and experience Mexico for the first time. It has been a terrific two weeks of helping with Daniela and sharing this awesome event of becoming a mommy with Ashley.

There is one thing I'm looking forward to. Audra & Rick will be coming to visit and it's been two months since I've seen my daughter, and almost 6 months since I've seen her husband. It is difficult to be away from loved ones during the holidays and I'm thankful I will have my youngest child close by.

So after the rush and hassles of the airport scene I look forward to spending some quality time with my hubby and my/his dog Danan and then the comfort of my own bed. It also helps that my first day back at work is the office party and we are going out to lunch.

Okay enough of that, I have today and tomorrow left here in Guanajuato and I'm going to pack it as full as I can with good times. And speaking of good times, yes I've had a Margarita. It's like going to Maine and not eating lobster; I just couldn't come to Mexico and not have a Margarita. Just one, but man was it good!

No comments: