Tuesday, December 1, 2009

No Repeat Please!

My daughter, Meghan's post got me to thinking about my past trips to meet the girls, Ava & Sydney when they were born. Michael came to meet us at the airport, he was 16 months old. Check out my daughters post here at Home of the Halls and see the huge sign we had at the airport Welcoming our first grandchild.

The trip to meet Sydney was pretty uneventful, but Ava's was a little nerve racking. When I arrived at the gate they announced that our plane had hit a bird coming in and needed to be inspected before we could fly out. Okay, not good. I want a plane that works...you know stays in the air without difficulty. Twenty minutes or so passed and they made another announcement. The plane passed the inspection, but the bucket truck they were using caught on fire, so there will be a slight delay while they wait for a tow truck to haul it away. True story. I had to call Mike Amos (a friend of Amanda & Derek's) to reach Derek at the hospital to tell him my flight was delayed.

I don't want a repeat of this scenario or anything remotely like it. I'll tell you what I'd like --- I want no delays, no sick people on the plane and a whole can of diet coke. Is that to much to ask?

Tomorrow is the big day. Pray for a safe flight, health and nerves of steel. It will all be worth it when I hold that sweet little baby is my arms.

No comments: