Monday, December 21, 2009

Where I stayed

Mountains as far as the eye can see out the living room window.



Blue skies prevailed about 80% of the two weeks I was in Mexico. Cloudy skies and one day of rain the remainder of the time. I'm was super happy with the weather and enjoyed every minute I was outside or driving around.



But the real reason I went all the way to Mexico was these two girls. My own sweet daughter number three and her first born baby. And as much as I loved the sun, I wouldn't trade one moment with them for one sunny day in Michigan.



Ashley's little bit of the U.S. she has on her wall. I love it! Those are some of my very favorite photos too.



Miguel's father did the tile work in their kitchen. He does excellent work.




This is the baby's room across the hall, but she slept in a port-a-crib in Mom & Dad's room while I was there and this room was commonly referred to as Grandma's House. It took a couple days to convince Ashely that I really did want to take a shift during the night, but eventually Daniela came to Grandma's house in the the middle of the night and stayed for a few hours until she was ready to eat again.



The bed were I slept and all Daniela's clothes & toys.



More of Daniela's things.



Ashley & Daniela in front of Miguel's parents home, of which the three of them live on the lower level.



The view across the street from their house. There were beautiful trailing flowers, bushes and trees strewn here and there.

1 comment:

junglemama said...

I love the montage of photos!