Friday, March 20, 2009

New Family Video in Town



We have a new video store in town. It has free kids movies, free educational movies, free sports & fitness movies. They have a section that is 2 for $1.00 movies, and midweek specials. They also have Rent 3 Get 1 Free. We turned in our old Entertainment Tonite card and they gave us a free movie for that too. On top of all these great deals.....all your movies are 1/2 price for the first 30 days after you join. Corky, my hubby loves movies, so I do believe we'll be doing our share of watching for awhile. That means crochet time for me. I have crocheted 65 bookmarks so far and have another 35 to go.

I rented this 2 disc set (educational - movie I think or 2 for $1.00). I was intrigued to see what really happened to the people who experienced the tsunami and survived that awful event and the aftermath. It didn't take long before I was caught up in the lives of the families involved. I had to stop the movie several times and couldn't wait to go back to it and find out what happened next. The rating for the movie on their online store is 5 stars, and I agree.


Tsunami - The Aftermath 2-Disc Set DVD: "Description

This mini-series from HBO is based on the devastating tsunami that wreaked havoc on Thailand in December 2004. The drama unfolds as a number of different stories of survival and loss are told, while the thoughts of scientists whose warnings were ignored are also included in the narrative. TSUNAMI - THE AFTERMATH is a touching and deeply thoughtful meditation on this tragic event, and is full of high-quality performances and production values."

No comments: