Saturday, March 7, 2009

Challenge 2 - Finding the Details

Hallie is back and I'm so glad she is! Although I continued to follow her blog, I truly missed her photo assignments. I attempted to take pictures for Challenge 1, but the results were less than satisfactory, so I chose not to post them.

Here's what Hallie had to say about Challenge 2 - Finding the Details. I don’t know about you, but at times, especially in winter, I have a very hard time finding subjects to shoot. It becomes such a struggle and a frustration, but I don’t think it has to be. Do you find yourself searching for the big scene, or the larger picture, while forgetting about the details? I know I do.

The challenge today, is to find not the larger picture, but the smaller one. Look for the details in that photo you are about to take and let the details tell the story. You know sometimes the smaller things convey a much larger message than the bigger picture ever can.

Practice this challenge with different aperture settings and post the one, (or more,) that you like the best. Then come back and link your post to the Mr. Linky box below.

Happy shooting!

Go here to see her picture for the post and links to other photographer's entries.

It's suppose to rain all weekend where I live, so my detail picture is indoors. I chose my hobby box, which currently contains bookmarks I'm crocheting for my niece's wedding favors. I'm more than halfway done with the 100 I need to make. I'll be using this rainy, drizzling, foggy, dripping, pouring, wet day to crochet....


1 comment:

Beth Simmons said...

Thanks for your sweet comment on my post Dorsey. I like the blue theme in your photo with pop of orange from the scissors!

I have a Nikon D80. It is my first dslr and I have had it since last June. I am still learning alot about it but I really love it. The more I learn the happier I am that I went with Nikon. But of course that is just my opinion:)