Monday, March 30, 2009

I WON A Contest!! Over at Hot Coupon World!

I have chosen you as my "Master of All Seasons" in my Changes RAOK

I will be sending you a small flat rate box of stockpile items and coupons, if you would plmk a few things you could use it would better help me assemble a box for you. I may not have EVERYTHING you are looking for, but a general idea will help me

lso send me your addy so I can get it out ASAP

Thanks for all the ideas and for playing!
________________________________

RAOK = Random Act of Kindness
plmk = please let me know
addy = address
________________________________


I can't believe I won. You had to write a post for each of the four seasons and some ideas were given like a finger play, a recipe, etc. I can't remember them all, but apparently I did good. I spent an hour trying to find my entry, so I could just copy the posts, but alas I'm must admit I have much to learn yet over there. So here's a somewhat pale rendition...

These were my winning ideas:

Spring - A finger play about Easter Eggs.

Five Little Easter Eggs

Five little Easter eggs, lovely colors wore;
(hold up five fingers)
Mother ate the blue one, then there were four.
(bend down one finger)

Four little Easter eggs, two and two, you see;
Daddy ate the red one, then there were three.
(bend down next finger)

Three little Easter eggs, before I knew,
Sister ate the yellow one, then there were two.
(bend down next finger)

Two little Easter eggs; oh, what fun,
Brother ate the purple one, then there was one.
(bend down next finger)

One little Easter egg; see me run!
I ate the very last one, and then there were none.
(bend down last finger)



Summer - Freezing little objects in a chunk of ice and playing archaeologist to stay cool. I gave ideas for an all nature iceberg, like a rock, a pine cone, an acorn, a sea shell etc. I also gave suggests for one with small toys, like a Lego, a plastic insect, and so on. A short explanation on freezing the ice blobs and safe tools to chisel away.

Fall - A recipe for making roasted pumpkin seeds.

Toasted Pumpkin Seeds Recipe

Ingredients:

One medium sized pumpkin
Salt
Olive oil

Method

1 Preheat oven to 400°F. Cut open the pumpkin and use a strong metal spoon to scoop out the insides. Separate the seeds from the stringy core. Rinse the seeds.

2 In a small saucepan, add the seeds to water, about 2 cups of water to every half cup of seeds. Add a half tablespoon of salt for every cup of water (more if you like your seeds saltier). Bring to a boil. Let simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from heat and drain.

3 Spread about a tablespoon of olive oil over the bottom of a roasting pan. Spread the seeds out over the roasting pan, all in one layer. Bake on the top rack until the seeds begin to brown, 10-20 minutes. When browned to your satisfaction, remove from the oven and let the pan cool on a rack. Let the seeds cool all the way down before eating. Either crack to remove the inner seed (a lot of work and in my opinion, unnecessary) or eat whole.


Winter - Making snow angels and then decorating them for the birds.
We did this with the girl scouts at the nature center with Audra's troop many years ago. I gave ideas of different kinds of seeds to use, including a string of millet for a crown. Princesses are so in demand these days. Also cranberries for necklaces or lips, orange sections, popcorn; you name it, there are tons of ideas. Be sure to create it near a window, so you can watch the birds come and eat it.

I was so surprised to win, most everyone gave terrific ideas too.

1 comment:

amandaautismx2 said...

Hey Dorsey, I may be interested. Give me some more detail. I'm always needing something. amandaautismx2@yahoo.com