Saturday, March 21, 2009

More of Mom's Recipes

My last two daughters have moved away, and I believe they miss my home cooking, because now they seem to be calling almost weekly to request my recipes.

Here's the most recent two requested:

Pretzel Salad
Crust:
2 1/2 cups crushed pretzels
3/4 cup oleo
3 Tbsp. brown sugar

Mix and spread in 9 X 13 pan. Bake at 400 degrees for 10 minutes. Cool.

Middle Layer:
8 oz. cream cheese (softened)
3/4 cup sugar
9 oz. cool whip

Mix cream cheese and sugar, fold in cool whip. Spread mixture over cooled pretzel crust, being careful to seal filling securely to the edges of pan.

Top Layer:
6 oz. strawberry jello.
1 lbs. frozen strawberries
2 cups boiling water

Dissolve jello in boiling water and stir in frozen strawberries. Chill slightly until it begins to thicken. Poor over middle layer and refrigerate until set.



I've made this recipe so often that my recipe book falls open to this page.

Banana Muffins

1 cup sugar
1/2 cup oleo
2 eggs (beaten)
3 ripe bananas (mashed)
1 tsp soda
2 cups flour
1/2 tsp. salt
4 Tbsp sour milk

Cream oleo, add sugar gradually, add beaten eggs and mashed bananas.

In separate bowl sift flour, soda and salt together, add flour mixture to first mixture alternating with sour milk. Bake at 350 degrees.

To make 1/4 cup sour milk - add 1 tsp. vinegar or 1 tsp lemon juice plus milk to make 1/4 cup.

Large muffins - bake 20 minutes.
Mini muffins - bake 10 - 15 minutes

**Both of these recipes originally came from my big sister. She's a good cook and a better baker than I am.

No comments: