Monday, March 23, 2009

Found a new Coupon Site

Coupons are great! Coupons save you $$$! Yep, I'm up to the triple digits, saved $109 last week. Yippeee! Did you see all my free stuff? If you missed that, click here. Okay, so now that I'm buying double newspapers to get more coupons, I also have more I can't use, because I don't need that product or buy those types of items. What do I do with all those coupons? I hate to see them go to waste, so I started looking for somewhere to trade them. It took a few days, but then I found this website. It's called Hot Coupon World. Just click on the words and it will take you there.

Let me warn you, it's not something you are going to pick up and know the ropes in 20 minutes. I found it very time consuming, but was determined to stick to it. There is a bunch of reading to do (rules, rules, rules) and things I am new to like posting in forums. I started by buying some coupons, very similar to buying them on Ebay, paying with Pay Pal, but some people use unused postage stamps like money. I'm now on my third deal, which is a potluck trade. This is how it works: The person posting the trade is sending out 15 envelopes with 25 coupons in each one. The envie, envelope (That's HCW lingo) will also contain a number from 1 - 15. The moderators of the site will pick a number and all 15 people participating will send an envelope of 25 coupons to the lucky jackpot person. Jackpot person will receive a total of 400 coupons. All others will receive 25. Sound like fun?

HCW has a coupon database and you can list all your coupons in it.
My wish list name is Dorsey Desires.
My have list (which is the ones I want to trade/sell) is Dorsey Doubles
My keep list - I haven't posted yet.

You can trade coupons for coupons, which I haven't tried yet, but that is my next venture. The system can match you up with everyone looking for the coupons that you have and then you can look at their lists and see if they have anything you want and then you can initiate a trade.

This is only a skimming the surface view of the website, there's much, much more to it. So check it out (HOT COUPON WORLD) if you're brave enough or if you have lots of spare time on your hands. Ha! Ha! I'm having fun with it and look forward to using those coupons to save more and more money at the grocery store.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, you're hard core! You saved $109???
Your kind of diligence and resourcefulness reminds me of the Proverbs 31 woman.