Tuesday, February 17, 2009

365/39 I Got Lucky!

Being a long distance Gramie, is not very much fun. You miss out on so much, but there are times when I believe God intervenes on your behalf and lets you experience something touching, a Gramie moment. He can give you that feeling like you're there, even across those hundreds of miles and over the phone lines.



Last night I was talking on the phone with Amanda (my oldest, daughter), a rare treat as she is one super busy career woman and mom of two high maintenance kids. Miss Ava, 3 1/2 years old was entertaining herself on the computer, typing letters (as in ABC's) in Microsoft Word. Both Michael and Ava get a kick out of pretending they are writing stories, while sitting at the computer pecking on the keyboard.

After a few minutes the conversation was interrupted by Ava who wanted to talk to Mama for a minute. She exclaimed loudly "I want to put toys in my stories". There was a slight hesitation and then Amanda cracked up laughing and then explained the scenario to me. It seems that Mr. Michael at 5 1/2 knows how to change fonts and such and likes to put Webding symbols in his stories, so Ava wanted some too. LOL Crack me up.

I tried to type a sample of writing with toys in it (Webdings), but when I transferred it to the post all the cute symbols, turned into little square boxes. Okay, so guess if you're not familiar with Webdings you'll have to check it out yourself.

Until the next Gramie Moment....
Hey, what does luck got to do with it? Thank you, GOD.

No comments: