Wednesday, February 11, 2009

give me a G, give me an R, give me a........

AMIE, what does it spell?


GRAMIE!

Announcing our fourth grandchild is on the way. Meghan & Bill are expecting. I was just telling my neighbor, at her daughter's baby shower (on Sunday) that it looked like we wouldn't be having any new grandchildren this year, and the very next day Meghan called to give us this news. I sort of assumed they'd want a boy and Meghan said "Well we're prepared for a girl, and I grew up with all sisters, I'd sort of like for Sydney to have sister". I thought that was so sweet.

This great news also has a bittersweet flip side. Tears slide down my checks as I type, but I can't announce the great joy of one daughter without feeling great pain for another. This Gramie feels the lose even across all the miles, the loss of what might have been if.. Amanda's body hadn't betrayed her once again and failed to carry another pregnancy last fall. It was doubly painful, twins lost days apart and thus we kept it to ourselves at that time. I know Amanda rejoices with Meghan, because that's what sisters do, just as Meghan felt the pain of her loss when Amanda called her with the sad news of one loss and then another.

Sisters, yes it would be good for Sydney to have a sister. For they are the ones that rejoice with us, cry with us and tell us to straighten up when we need to. My girls are both such awesome Moms. I pray God will bless them both with more children if it's His plan for their lives. This Gramie loves all her Grandchildren, the ones on this earth and the ones in heaven. Someday I will see the ones in heaven; but don't expect me to like sharing them there, any more than I do here. Oh! wait. I'll be made perfect, maybe I will share. *wink*

No comments: