Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Almost No Post Today

Everyone talks so sweet about their husbands on their blogs. How thoughtful they are, how charming, how they are their best friends etc. etc. No one talks smack about their other-halves. Well I was about to....

Since the last two girls have now flown out of the nest, my husband decided we no longer needed remote access for just one computer at our house, so he started unplugging things. I suggested he leave it be, until he had some help, but oh! no! He decided to do it yesterday morning and guess what? It wasn't as simple as he thought. So no Internet yesterday. No problem, I read a book and crocheted. But I couldn't add anything to my blog this morning or check my email, or mark my books mailed or received on paperback swap, or pay my Capital One bill, or to check the status of something I was bidding to buy on EBay, or order a baby gift for a friend, or.... Do you get the idea?

When I came home from work today, he was on the computer with a computer geek friend for over an hour, but to no avail. Then he called SBC technical support and another hour passes. I was so stressed out I popped some popcorn to snack on, my comfort food. Finally, he was able to get a connection and we were back in business. Can you believe he had the nerve to to check his email, print some stuff and take his time on the computer, before letting me have a turn? I could have spit nails. What a bugger! He'd better walk the straight and narrow or you guys will hear about it.

On a much happier note, my friend had her baby this morning. She named her Ella Rose and I believe she weighed 7 lbs. & 4 oz. I'm so happy for her, she's one of the most awesome moms that I know. They've wanted a second child for a very long time. Her big brother will make the best big brother ever.

I have tomorrow off, so hope to be on blogging at some point.


***UPDATE*** Next Day

He's out of the doghouse. My husband made me coffee and an Egg McMuffin sandwich this morning and brought it to me while I was blogging. He's the greatest, most thoughtful (and now that every ones left).... my best friend. Just Kidding! Couldn't resist taking a jab at those wives with the perfect husbands. I wouldn't trade mine for anybody I've met yet.... Have to keep him on his toes.

1 comment:

John's Arts & Crafts said...

"Enjoy the good years while they are here"! New blog on the Hx. of the Ladybug:
http://historyoftheladybug.blogspot.com/