Friday, October 2, 2009

Got Time - Make Coupons Happen

This past month (September) I joined a train on Hot Coupon World. It was called Contact Us Choo Choo. The directions were basically this: contact at least one company every day, by letter, email or phone and post who you contacted on the train post. The amount you contacted was up to you, but being competitive as I am I started with a couple, then tried to do five a day and ended up with doing a dozen each day towards the end of the month.

Who do you contact? Well the post gave you ideas of both who and who not to contact and most of the gals participating posted their results. "Viva paper towels says they don't send coupons"; okay,I won't bother contacting them. "Sobe sent me a Free coupon and so did Comet." Great! So I targeted those companies next.

Do you need ideas on what to say? Sometimes I complimented them. My family loves your Dreamfields pasta and I buy it on a consistent basis. Or I have never tried your product, but I'm intrigued now that I've visited your web site. Or I was disappointed in the smell of the product I bought. Can you send a coupon, so I can buy another scent. Be creative, be honest, or just plain ask for coupons. Need more ideas, go to your kitchen cabinet and contact those companies who's products you have on hand.

My results for September were quite amazing, and those are only for the companies that acted fast and sent things right away. My efforts on this train ride resulted in 13 Totally Free Products! And $92.00 in coupons, of which some will be doubled when I take them to the store. That's quite a bit of savings for our household. I'm sure more will be forthcoming in the next couple weeks. Some of these companies will send coupons for years, whenever they have a promotion. Yippee! I'm a very Happy Camper...I mean Train Rider.

No comments: