Thursday, October 15, 2009

The Bugs are Getting Bigger

Fortunately the ginormous bug that I saw was not in my own yard this time, but down the street and around the very sharp bend. It was huge and I sure don't want that thing in my house either. This is where I saw it, in these peoples yard.



When I posted about the box elder bugs I knew what they were, so it was easy finding information on them. This time I have no idea what this creature is and haven't been able to identify it by surfing the web. It has a very long mouth protrusion like a mosquito, so perhaps its from that family. Whatever, by the size of it I'm not sure it would matter if it was injecting poison into you or siphoning out blood, either way.... you'd be a goner.

I know that arachnophobia is a fear of spiders, but what's a fear of bugs? I think I have it. Before you think I'm blowing things all out of proportion, check out the picture below....





I cropped the picture, so you could get a good look at it.




What did I tell ya. Huge isn't it.

No comments: