Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Dysarts was a big hit

When visiting my daughter in Bangor Maine, we've gotta go to Dysarts. In fact this time we went twice; once without the kids and then the second time with the kids. It's that good and I'm not a breakfast person. Please don't tell the grandchildren they would never forgive us.



In fact, Michael was bummed that we went to McDonalds with the indoor play-place on Saturday and saved breakfast at Dysarts for Sunday. He literally begged to go to Dysarts.



Ava took this picture of me and Michael. Good job Ava, maybe she'll take up photography. Oh by the way, Dysarts is a huge truck stop with three dining areas, a shopping center, laundry room, shower facilities & haircutting salon etc. Everything a trucker needs in one stop, plus the most amazing food.







Ava & Michael had pancakes. Micheal prefers his with blueberries and Ava wants her plain, both want the side of bacon. Michael says they have the best orange juice, better than the stuff he has at home. He sucked it down in record time.




This is what Corky and I had - an omelet, with potatoes and a homemade blueberry muffin. I didn't eat mine all at once, I took the muffin with me for a mid morning snack with coffee. Yum! The omelet pictured is their world famous kitchen sink omelet. It's great, but my personal favorite is their Mexican omelet - I had it both times....just couldn't resist. I was so torn I really wanted to try their cinnamon raisin French toast. They make all their breads, muffins, etc. in their own bakery and that is what they use for their toast, french toast etc.




The first day I managed to talk myself out of buying any baked good to take home. Although, (besides everything chocolate) there was: molasses cookies, some with jelly centers, and no bake peanut butter cookies, and regular peanut butter cookies (the squished with a fork kind). But alas, the second day when I found out the pumpkin muffin I ordered had chocolate chips in it and I couldn't have it after all; I told myself I deserved a special treat and bought a loaf of banana nut bread to go. It lasted about 24 hours and I think Michael ate almost half of it. Hee Hee!

If you go to their website DYSARTS, you can click on this logo and get some great recipes, maybe you can create some Dysarts yummy stuff for yourself, just to tide you over till you can take a trip to Maine.


2 comments:

Meghan said...

this makes me hungry

Ginny said...

Funny, as I read this I was thinking "this makes me hungry" exact words. Then I read Meghan's comment :)