Friday, October 9, 2009

He's Here!!

Just got the call! My grandson, just arrived at 5:58 am. He weighed in at 7lbs. 5 oz. and looks quite a bit like his big sister, Sydney. He was 22 inches long, so looks like he will not be short like his Mommy.

His name is Griffin Sawyer, which was the plan and it fits him just fine, his mom said. I had three girl names picked out for my first child and when she arrived none of them fit and I went with something totally different.

I heard him cry his little newborn squall when they adjusted his hat. Oh! I so want to be there. I won't be of much use at work today, I can tell you that. Maybe I should just stay home.

Meghan's friend met them at the hospital and took Sydney home with her. Sydney tried to tell Eli that she already went to sleep at her own house, so she thought she could stay up and play when she got to Eli's. LOL Eli was real wise to that one and told her it was a sleepover and she would be going to bed.

Meghan went to the hospital around 11:00, I think she said and had totally natural childbirth. Griffin has already latched on and nursed. Everything is going good.

A new leaf on our family tree. It will be a day or so before Meghan can get pictures to me.

1 comment:

Ashley said...

too bad we didn't win the miracle blanket :(