Friday, October 30, 2009

Can you Yoogy?

Good question. Right. Do I have you stumped?

I figured when I purchased the Yoogy balls for the grand kids, it would either be a hit or a miss. I hadn't seen them before, so I was taking a chance. Would it be to hard?



We followed the directions and just set the Yoogy ball down; it sort of assumes the position of a croquette hoop and then kick bringing your foot up under the loop. Sounds easy..... right?



Ava got the hang of it. She could really kick high. Michael on the other hand could really kick far.



It takes a while to learn just when to release it. Wait to long and you could get bonked in the....



HEAD!

Two people can Yoogy at the same time. Please excuse the pictures of me in my puffy jacket, I haven't gained 40 lbs. it just looks like it.




Be prepared to retrieve from low bushes and high trees. We used an extension pole to reach it a few times. Jumping up and throwing it like a javelin doesn't work, I tried it and about... well take my word for it. My mother occasionally reads this blog and I don't want to get yelled at.







Ideas I came up with for Yoogy balls:

Race in teams. Start next to each other in the center of the yard and see who can make it to the opposite edge first.
Play please pass the Yoogy around a circle with your feet.
Who can kick the farthest - in front of them? How about behind them?
Play hand toss back-n-forth with a friend.
Throw it against a hard wall and catch it.


Buy one here or you can get it $1.00 cheaper here and they have a video to watch.

No comments: