Wednesday, October 28, 2009

They got in! Ugh!

We were gone for 10 days on a trip to Maine and guess what. They got in. Remember this post. I wasn't to upset at first, they were mainly around the windows and such and not hard to catch like flies, so I just used the dust buster and sucked up 20 here, 10 there, a couple in the bedrooms, not such a big deal. I emptied the dust buster and 10 minutes later discovered a new batch had replaced the ones I had disposed of.



This went on until the battery ran down in the dust buster, so I put it on recharge and took a bath - the home fires (wood burner) had been burning long enough to warm up the house. Then I sat on the couch to have a snack and that's when I got really upset, they started crawling on me. Yuc! Shrieking didn't bring me much help from dear hubby, so I had to vacuum up more of the annoying buggers.

Corky had the privilege of debugging the bedroom before I went to bed and then I made him promise to do a recheck when he came to bed later. Thankfully I slept like a log and it was one time I was thankful for the sleep apnea that requires me to wear a sleep apnea mask. At least I didn't have to worry about them crawling up my nose. I slept like a log!!

This morning they are everywhere. It's one morning that I am happy to go to work. Maybe dear hubby can get a handle on the situation while I am gone.

1 comment:

Ashley said...

ewwwwwwww. we get crickets. i don't know how they get in, but they do. not tons of them, like one or two at a time. but they are annoying because they make noise all night long! i send miguel to kill them, but sometimes he can't even find them. frustrating.