Monday, September 7, 2009

An Update. Guano What?


The light outside my door that I was telling you about.


And the evidence below it. Or is it the real evidence? While cruising bat sites I found these ideas for ridding a building of bats.

And I found this picture posted below the advise of bat poo-pooh, or guano. Scroll down.

Mothballs are great bat repellants. Simply fill nylon hosiery with mothballs, and hang the mothball filled hosiery in roosting areas. Mothballs are cheap, and this is an easy way to get rid of bats.

If mothballs alone won’t keep the bats away, you can also place lights in areas where bats like to roost. Since bats prefer to roost in dark areas, the lights will drive them away to darker locations elsewhere.

Apparently this is what bat guano looks like. Heh! maybe it wasn't a bat after all. Wouldn't that be nice. I may be able to walk out my front door again.

No comments: