Thursday, September 3, 2009

No More Multi-tasking for me!

Women are known for being multi-taskers. In days gone by they were just expected to have a clean house, get the kids to bed on time and have dinner on the table when there husbands got home. Over the years "Super Woman" has evolved and so much more has been expected of her. She must now be employed to help the family meet the rising costs of living and to keep up with the Jones family next door. Besides all the cooking, cleaning, laundry and shopping, she must also get the kids to and fro all extra curricular activities, monitor homework, sibling fights etc. etc. Why am I telling you all this? Chances are you are a woman if you're reading this, I don't need to explain all this to you. Right now you are probably nursing a baby, filing your nails, waiting for the timer to buzz on the microwave or some other such task.

Well my days of multi-tasking are over after the fiasco this past weekend. I was trying to do to many things at once while applying my makeup on auto pilot. I glanced up to make sure my lipstick had covered my entire lips and was taken aback for a moment. I thought "what is wrong with this picture?" It took me a full 30 seconds for my beige lips to register. I had applied my under eye concealer to my lips. Ugghh! If that wasn't a sight to see!!! No more multi-tasking for me, guess I need to slow down and do things one at a time. After I'd given it some thought; I decided it could have been worse. Imagine me with L'Oreal Colour Riche #825 Plum Bronzine under my eyes. LOL

1 comment:

Meghan said...

Mother, do not apply lip stick while driving! Super dangerous. Okay I have done it a time or two but I try not to with kids in car.