Saturday, September 5, 2009

It Freaked Me OUT!

Last night I took my dog out for a late evening potty break. I flipped on the porch light, opened the door and stepped out onto the deck. My peripheral vision caught some movement next to my head. Something came out from behind the porch light that's attached to the house and flew straight out away from the house into the night. You got it... A BAT!

You would have been proud of me. Really, it happened so fast I didn't have time to scream or get all upset. However, it did freak me out. I was very focused and came back in very carefully and quickly in order to prevent any critters (besides my dog) following me back in. Like this thing...



And tonight.... I went out the back door and the dog pottied in the back yard. I'm not taking any chances! I think that the bat is living behind the light and will be waiting for me every evening from now on. For now, I will not use that door after dark unless it's really necessary.

Any advise you could give me? I wanted to post a picture of a bat, just to remind you what I'm up against. Going outside and taking my own photographs was out of the question!!! I found a middle of the road picture to post, not to cute & furry, but not a picture with it's mouth open, fangs showing and looking rabid.

I really shouldn't have looked at those pictures. Ugh! I hope I don't have nightmares.

No comments: