Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Out for a Walk



All harnessed and ready to go for a walk. Danan is sporting a new shorter coat these days. The groomer left her face too long and it didn't match the shortness of her body, so I cut another inch or so off and shaped it up a bit. Can you tell? I did go to beauty school, so I know how to cut human hair, but I've never had a lesson in dog grooming or even watched one in the process of being groomed. I don't think it turned out bad for a first attempt.



These berries looked so pretty, I had to get a quick picture of them. I wish I had a guide along with me, so I could ask about specific plants. I was wondering if this could be bittersweet? I've only seen the dried version, so it's just a wild guess.



We went for a long walk, all the way to Peru..... Ya believe that one I'm sure. With 98% of all Alpaca residing in Peru, Bolivia & Chili, chances are ..... but these were right here in Michigan. And this little girl Alpaca is very close to the color of my dog. Speaking of dogs...Dogs are not allowed! And we obeyed the rules, dear hubby kept her back away from them, while I took a couple quick pics.



They are grown for their amazing fleece. Alpacas come in 22 different colors and are in great demand for making non-dyed natural fabrics prised by health-conscious consumers. Once made into fabric it is nearly indestructible and will last a lifetime. It is said to be warmer than goose down, stronger than Mohair and smoother than silk. I'll have to take their word on that last statement, I didn't get close enough to pet one.



Folks I must be honest here, I did a little quick research. This part caught my attention the most "lacks the prickle of fabrics made from coarser fibers". Maybe I'll purchase some to knit myself a sweater. That would be really awesome. It's probably expensive, but heh - I'm worth it, right.

Our walk was much longer than that, but for some reason the site or my computer is giving me a hard time uploading pictures today, so this is it for now.

No comments: