Sunday, September 20, 2009

The Magnet will attract...



This is the bush that grows in our front yard, it is the magnet.
What does it attract?



These very cool birds of which here is a picture of the juvenile. I saw one come in to the Nature Center where I work this week and was so tickled when I was able to positively identify it.

Every year around mid October a whole flock of these birds, which I believe are migrating, come by our house and descend on this bush. The bush is literally covered in birds eating these red berries. I'm not sure what type of bush it is, it was here before we moved in. It used to be as big around as a silo, but my husband chopped it down. I was devastated! It took a few years, but it has returned to a decent size bush again. Now I'm just waiting and watching for the cedar waxwings to come.



Here's a picture of the adult cedar waxwing.



And I hope to be able to get some great shots of my own when they do. These pictures are borrowed off the net, not my own.

No comments: