Monday, September 21, 2009

What is that?



The black thing in the photo is my umbrella for my patio table and the rainbow colored object, what is your guess on that? If you said ... hot air balloon you'd be correct. I was trying to take one of those really cool pictures, you know...of someone holding up the moon or trying to straighten the leaning tower of Pisa. It didn't come out like I had imagined it would. I'll try again when the opportunity knocks and maybe next time I'll get something spectacular.

In the meantime, enjoy the pictures of the hot air balloons that flew over my house a couple weeks ago.




There is a Balloon Festival here every year and in between times there are people practicing for the Balloon Challenge.



One year when the kids were little they landed in the back yard next door. It was so exciting for the kids and adults alike. I always wonder if they'll choose our backyard sometime.



This is not an enhanced photo folks, the sky was really that blue. God's original design caught on film or bits and bites of it on a digital photo card.

3 comments:

Meghan said...

I miss the balloon festival. That was one of our chances to have cotton candy as kids. Now they sell it in stores, I think that ruins the treat.

Ginny said...

Doris, I got the book you sent yesterday-what a great surprise! Thanks so much! You definitely put a smile on my face.

Megan said...

We had about four launch from our neighbor's house for the fest this year, and two of them flew over the house a couple weeks ago. I was standing by the window changing Patrick when I heard the "wooshing." We stood in our jammies in the driveway and watched a while, then some deer came out to join us! Awesome!