Sunday, February 21, 2010

Just Add Ice | Phalaenopsis Orchid Care

I feel like I hit the jackpot.  I signed up for the Gardening club at Home Depot and a BOGO coupon was emailed to me for orchids.  For you non-coupon people BOGO stand for Buy One Get One – Get one FREE that is. 

An orchid is an expensive plant when it comes to my budget, so I’ve never purchased one before, but when I saw the BOGO I just had to have  it.  The orchids were $14.98, so that was quite a savings for me.  And they are just beautiful. One has green outer petals and a yellow center and the other pink petals, with darker pink center. 

The photos I took of them do not due them justice, but if you go to the website below you will see just how beautiful they really are.

Here’s a link to the website they recommend for caring for your orchids.  I have never heard of watering a plant by just adding ice cubes.  It’s a very interesting website with tips to trigger re-blooming, how to repot your orchids, and trouble shooting, just in case something should go wrong.  Just Add Ice | Phalaenopsis Orchid Care  This is the link for all you orchid lovers out there or for you newbies like me, that don’t have a clue what to do with orchids.

1 comment:

Just Add Ice Orchids said...

Dorsey, thank you for purchasing a Just Add Ice Orchid! We appreciate your comment on this great blog. We're glad you are enjoying your Just Add Ice Orchid!

We want to make orchid care as simple as possible for people of all gardening skill levels. Visit our website for orchid care tips: www.JustAddIceOrchids.com.