Thursday, February 25, 2010

I'm mad at Dr. Oz!

Every one of you knows who Dr. Oz is, right? He's the guy who started out on Opray and now has a show of his own.  He gives great medical advice and everyone loves him.  Well I watched his show a couple days ago on heart disease in women and what we can do to prevent it.  Did you see it?  He had the three paper bags and  he chose a member of the audience to help him.  He asked the woman what she knew about blood pressure.... and she said "Well I have one".  Forgive me, back to why I'm mad at Dr. Oz.

One bag contained dental floss.  Flossing prevents inflamation and inflamation can cause heart disiease, so we all need to floss more.  Okay, I can do that.  I floss pretty regularly, but daily....nope I get lazy about it, some nights I'm just to tired.  Last night, I was a good girl, I flossed and while I was flossing I was thinking about my next check-up and how I'm hoping for good news, because I've been way better with swishing with the anti plaque concotion.  Man oh Man.  I was way off in oblivia when I was suddenly jolted back to the present when my tooth came flying out of my mouth and was bouncing frantically around the sink.  Oh!  My God, I thought it was going down the drain....... Thankfully I caught it in time.  Dang you, Dr. Oz., why didn't you do a program on bunions or something, why flossing this week when I have a temporary cap.

Good grief.  I was panicking trying to get it put back where it belonged, perferably the right way, so I can chew and talk.  (That is the order of importance.)  Of course, I can't remember what they said to use to hold it back on if it were to come off and I couldn't get to the dentist.  I don't want to use something that might damage the interior part that the cap is protecting (like the post) then I'd have to have it reconstructed again.  Yes, this particular tooth has been giving me so much aggrivation... I could scream. 

I had planned to stay up for a while and read, but I was so upset about the thing all I could think about was choking Dr. Oz for his bad timing.  I just so happen to have a chin strap to keep my mouth shut ( no jokes please I'm not in the mood ), because of my sleep apnea, so I put it on thinking maybe that would help.  I lay awake forever worrying about swallowing the temporary crown and having to pay for another one.  I grit my teeth and pray for sleep to come.  It finally does and I awake at 5:00 a.m. with a sore jaw from gritting my teeth all night.   Thanks a lot, Dr. Oz.

1 comment:

Ashley said...

sorry mom! that stinks! but it's not a reason to not floss, ha ha. i hope you get it fixed fast so it doesn't bother you for long.