Monday, February 15, 2010

Grandparenting From Afar

I've reccetnly discovered a new web site called Grandparents.com.  It's really awesome.  It has information and ideas galore.  I feel like I've found my niche there when I joined one of the many groups to choose from - this one is called Grandparenting From Afar.  I'm making a few connections with other grandmas who's grandchildren also live far away from them.  In the day to day world the grandparents I meet are ones who's kids live nearby or a couple hours away from them, there aren't many who are in my situation and none who share my woes times four.  I'm hoping to find new ideas on how to stay connected to my grandkids between visits.

This website is a great resource for Mom's & Dad's too.  There are guides for buying gifts for children by age, expert advise on many topics, a food section, vacation information, activities etc.  They had some great ideas for Valentines Day. 

Check it out and if you have a favorite website please share it with me and others in the comments.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Please check out my blog for a special award!
Thanks!