Sunday, January 10, 2010

Snowbabies

Audra's godfather, Ferd and his wife Chris started sending her Snowbabies each Christmas and it has become quite a large collection.  It didn't take long for me to fall in love with them as well.  When she was old enough for me to visualize her moving out, I decided I'd better start collecting them myself, because if I didn't I would miss them for sure.

I usually receive them from a Christmas drawing or from my hubby,  I give them a list of some I like, but they chose which to buy.  I don't like to buy ones that are the latest out, or those that are retiring....I want them to mean something to me.  So one year I chose one with a deer, because I work at a Nautre Center and see deer there often.  I have one of a Snowbaby sitting in a big arm chair reading a book, because I love to read books to my grandkids.  I have a knitting one, because ...YOU guessed it.... I knit.  And one of my favorites is two Snowbabies eating icecream cones.  It reminds me of when Ashley & Audra were little and we'd go to the gas station by their Aunt Martha's up north and stop to buy these huge hand dipped cones.  Their favorite flavor was Superman.  The cones were super colorful and super messy and so were the girls before they finished the cones.

Here's some pictures of the additions to my Snowbaby collection this year.   Because I love my dog and she is nearly the same color.  Danan's a happy dog, just like this one.




This would be in honor of Griffin Sawyer's birth.



And this would be honor of Daniela Elizabeth's birth.


The stork is cute and remniscent of days gone by when we didn't talk about where babies come from.



And this would be "Prince Charming".

This past fall my daughter, Amanda was in friend's wedding.  A big box arrived with the Bridesmaid dress in it and when Amanda tried it on, Michael was astounded by her beauty.  He said "Mama you look like a Princess!"  Amanda is used to Michael and his compliments, but was not prepared for this question.  Michael then asked  "Can I be your Prince Charming?"

This post would not be complete without a photo of  my Prince Charming and his sister Princess Seri Ava.



Prince Charming Michael could use your help (how's that for a segue), if you haven't already read this post about Rex & Michael, please do so now.  Here the link - Rex & Michael

More Snowbabies are sure to be to added, I just have to wait and see what adventures this new year of 2010 brings and then start looking at Snowbabies.

1 comment:

Meghan said...

I love the new additions.