Friday, January 29, 2010

A Poem - I am Michael and an Update!

I found a poem on this blog.  I copied and pasted it below, so all of you would read it.  It's entitled I am Ethan, but you could change the tittle to I am Michael and most of it would still be true.

I am Ethan

You may not understand me, or the way I feel today.
You may not understand my reasoning for things I do or say.
The reasons why I'm so loud and say things over and  over again,
Why I run so differently or lose my homework every now and then.

I write my letters backwards and sometimes numbers too,
and when in a conversation, I'll say "Guess what" 100 times to you.
Too much noise, light, or excitement can set me in a spin.
I don't like the way these pants feel rubbing against my skin.

I try to be good, but sometimes it's hard to control,
I have to do it, it's an impulse, I don't always do what I'm told.
Ketchup, Ranch and BBQ sauce on everything I eat,
sometimes I have days that I just can't sit still in my seat.

I like to talk a lot even when it's out of turn,
my mind plays tricks on me and interrupts what I'm trying to learn.
Sit up straight, wipe my face, and play ever so soft,
some of these things I have trouble with and I usually lose my train of thought.

I didn't mean to spill the milk mom, or slam the door so hard,
everyone else is done with their homework, I don't know where to start?
My heart's as big as gold, my feelings get hurt too,
I get sad, cry and have bad days just like you.

My brain works differently than other girls and boys,
but one thing always holds true, I can give your life so much joy.
I get frustrated so easily and my hand won't work that way,
I don't understand why those other kids won't let me come over and play.

Please don't think of me any differently or love of me any less,
I'm just like other kids and trying to do my best.
I am very special in my own unique way, and every moment with me
you'll never have a dull day.

By Kelly Graham

Thank you, Kelly I couldn't have said it better myself.

God has answered our prayers and Michael has received a one-on-one aid.  I am s-o-o thankful, God is s-o-o good.   I haven't heard all the details yet, since Amanda's meeting with all the school staff yesterday, but just couldn't wait any longer to let you know that yes, now mid-January (the same time last year that things finally fell into place for him); Michael now has the aid he needs for a successful second half of the year.  It's not to early to start  praying that next year he has what he needs in September.

And we do think Mrs. I. is a good match for him.  Her personality is much like Michael's teacher at the first early intervention school he attended.  Thank you fellow bloggers and loved ones  for all your prayers and comments. 

No comments: