Sunday, January 24, 2010

An Email from 2006 - " I Need A Knife!"



I recently did a deep cleaning in my spare bedroom and found this email I had saved.  I'll recreate it now for your enjoyment.  It starts out ...... Michael was so funny on Saturday.  I located a few pictures of Michael from around the time in 2006 when this email was sent by his mom, my daughter, Amanda.




Michael got up extra early and I was sitting on the couch in a coma and he goes running into the kitchen yelling, "I need knife!"  I immediately jumped up and ran in behind him - explaining; "No, knives are dangerous; we don't play with knives..."  He thought for a second and said "OK, I need scissors".  To which I replied - "Mmm, no we can't play with scissors either!"  He thought about that and said "Ok, I have spoon?"  I agreed and gave him a spoon, he ran over and tried to unlock the bathroom door. (The lock is on the inside so we use - usually a butter knife to turn it from the outside).  He said "I need help" when he couldn't get it open.  I unlocked it and he ran in, pulled down his pants and said "Potty?".  I was like - well you could have just said potty and been in here 10 minutes ago.  He did get right up on the potty and went.  He is just so intuative.  I keep thinking back to when we first got him and he was so little and such a different little guy.  We are loving every day with him, all the changes, all the progress.  He is definitely our special little guy - can't believe he is three this week!




Please keep praying for Michael's school situation.  They are having another meeting regarding Michael this week. Michael's class has a new teacher and change is very stressful for kids on the autistic spectrum.  Just because we don't have an answer yet, doesn't mean that God isn't working on his behalf.
 Our God is faithful.

1 comment:

Meghan said...

too cute! We will keep praying.