Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Today he's One!

One day old that is!

Here's the one and only picture I've received of Henry so far.


I can't wait to hear all about Michael & Ava's reaction to their new baby brother.

Poor Ava had a major asthma attack and had to miss school already.
Mamasue and Patsy kept Michael & Ava for the weekend, so that Amanda could rest (Dr's orders) and then spent the night to put the kids on the bus while Amanda & Derek went to the hospital for the C-Section.
God Bless Mamasue & her sister Patsy for coming to the rescue.  Patsy stayed to care for Ava until Derek could make it home after the birth.  These ladies always go above and beyond for Michael --All the Time-- & his sister too.

I wish I could have been there to help with everything, but I'm still catching up at work from being gone for Rowyn's birth.  I do plan to fly out to Maine this Sunday and stay for a week.  It has been a whole year since I've been to Maine and last time Amanda & Derek were in the Dominican Republic for a wedding, so I really didn't get to see much of them.  I'm looking forward to quality time with my daughter, new grandson and his siblings.  Derek is a great cook and master maker of chamomille tea, looking forward to watching him with the kids and his great sence of humor.

Oh! And if I am able to snag some Maine Lobster, well that would make the trip just PERFECT!

No comments: