Monday, October 4, 2010

Expecting Henry

*** UPDATE ***

Henry arrived at 8:35 am.  He weighed 7 lbs 12 oz. and  is 20 inches long.

They named him Henryk Owen Samoluk and he looks like his Daddy, Derek, but has more hair.

Amanda said he has lots of dark hair, but the only picture I've seen, he has a hat on.  If I can figures out how to get the picture from the phone to blog, I'll post it here.


Today is the day "Hengry gets Out", which is the way his siblings fondly refer to him being born.  Our prayers have been sent heavenward for Amanda who's been suffering from symptoms of preclampsia and little Henry who's been on my mind and in my heart since February 2, when I got the text from Amanda that said "I'm pregnant. Start praying! 

God has given me peace regarding this pregnancy and from the beginning I've had a feeling that she would carry this baby boy to full term.  Now we are just waiting for the call to hear all the details.

Join me in thanking God for the blessings he's bestowed upon us this day, for they are many.

1 comment:

Hauch Family said...

Thank Aunt Doris! We will be praying today for everything to go well and for Henry's life! What a joy he will be!! We can't wait to meet all your new little ones!