Monday, March 1, 2010

Tea for Me


My hubby loves tea, he drinks several cups a day and can be seen browsing the beverage isle for new blends yet to be discovered.  My husband's favorites are: Stash - Green & Whtite and Tazo -  Zen Green Tea. 

Chamomaile is my personal favorite and I received this tin of it in it's very basic form last October.  It took me a while to find the mesh tea infuser, so that I could properly steep the tea.  I know that you can use cheesecloth and I had some on hand, but it's very unappealing to see what looks like a dirty dishcloth soaking in the cup you're about to drink.  I can vouch for the fact that yes, steeping the little flower heads of the dried chamomaile flower is far superior to the flavor you'll get from an ordinary tea bag.  And I happen to know someone who makes the best cup of chamomaile ever - sorry I refuse to name the source.  I'm doling this tin of tea out for special times, when I need a pick me up or when I'm not feeling well.  And occasionally when I just want to pretend that I'm in Maine cuddled up on the couch with two of my grandkids, sipping the best cup of tea ever made.

No comments: