Wednesday, March 10, 2010

My Maiden Name is Hose

A few days ago I was contacted through this blog by a gentleman by the name of James Hose.  This James Hose is not my cousin, he lives in England and is interested in Geneology.  He has a facebook page on the web called Hose Family - Worldwide.  Check it out - I found it very interesting.  I've always been interested in finding out more about my maiden name and my ancestors.  Computers have made it much easier to connect and share information than ever before.

I didn't know that there was a Laura Hose Elementary School in Indiana.   Much of the information on the site pertains to the Hose family in England.  But...... I did find a bit of information on the site (under the Discussion Tab - Death Announcements) that was very personal.  After navigating around the site I found myself face to face with my own father's obituary.  I didn't expect that and I wasn't prepared to read it.  Fresh grief hit me, I hadn't felt it so deeply in quite some time and wasn't prepared for how hard it hit me.  I miss my Dad.  I wish I'd spent more time with him in his beloved gardens and had him help me start an orchard in my back yard.  He'd be so proud to know that a couple of my girls have the Hose love of gardening in their blood.

If you know someone who might be interested in the Hose Family name, please give them the link, so they can add additional information to the site for all to share.

No comments: