Saturday, March 20, 2010

First Day of Spring in North Carolina

We are celebrating the first day of spring by going to Burlington Park for a picnic.  It is a great place to take kids and Grandma's (It has a popcorn stand).  They have a carousel there and other kiddie rides including a train.  Friends of Meghan and Bill are meeting us there with their two boys, Sam and Charlie.  I will take my camera and be sure to capture as many moments as digitally possible.

Yesterday, Sydney and I took a long walk and she picked wild Johnny Jump Ups, while I took photos of her prancing around as happy as a lark.  She also collected a bunch of pretty pebbles and when we returned to the house we put both colorful pebbles and the pretty mini flowers in a crystal bowl for Mommy.  It was very Fung Shwae (sp?)  However you spell it.  We filled the bird feeder and Sydney rode her bike around the cul-de-sac.  It did require me helping a little as it is not level.  (This would translate---pushing the bike bent over around in circles getting all hot and sweatty.)

Griffin has not acted strange wtih me at all, he's very smilie and cuddlie and so much fun.  He has been going to Day Care as Sydney is a bit needy at the moment, but this weekend we will have ample opportunities to enjoy each others company. 

Cranberry scones are calling me with their delicious scent.....Meghan loves to cook and bake and I love to eat.  There goes the buzzer. Yummmy!

No comments: