Saturday, January 31, 2009

Trapped like a Rat

Wednesday after returning from the doctors, Corky & I heard a strange noise coming from the garage. We both went out and looked around, it was a loud noise and more than just a bang or a bump, there was a rumble to it. Well we didn't find anything out of place, nothing smoking or on fire and so we eventually gave up the search for the rather odd noise.

Thursday when I went to leave for work, we figured it out; because the garage door would not go up. I was trapped like a rat! Corky discovered it first, the big spring on the right was busted right in half. There was no lifting it manually, forget that. It's a good thing his truck was outside, because he had to give me a lift to work at Little Kiddos Day Care. I'm sure I'd of been missed by all my little friends.

Well $200 later(it was $100 per/spring and they only replace them in pairs), we could get out cars out of the garage. End of story. Just another day at our house.

2 comments:

Ashley said...

sooooo, was there really a rat in our garage, or was the spring just broken? if there was a rat, is that a picture of it? what did you do with it? i'm really confused as to if there really was a rat, or if you just liked that title and then put somebody else's picture up...

Dorsey said...

Ashley there was no rat, it was just the broken spring. If there had been a rat we would have fed it to the cat we didn't let your sister have. (PS I found the picture in Yahoo images)