Saturday, January 10, 2009

365/10 The Tree Comes Down

This is the first time we put up our pre-lit tree and until now I didn't even notice that we missed fluffing it in a few spots. Next year I'll fluff it lit and then take a picture. Right!? My husband, Gary helped me dismantle the tree. Every year we bought the four girls an ornament when we were on vacations like: Disney, Kelly's Island, the Poconos in PA, Bar Harbor, ME, Mackinaw Island, Branson, Missouri, and Minnesota to name a few. They also each have their fair share from Bronners (the Worlds largest Christmas Store), in Frankenmuth, MI, which is lovingly dubbed Frankenbooth by our family. I never imagined the day that they would take their ornaments with them....I didn't look that far ahead. But, sure enough this was the last year for a family tree. A tree with ornaments made in preschool & ornaments with elementary school pictures on them. No more ballerina's, Pooh's & Eeyore's and no more Baby's First Christmas & other reminders of childhood. A sad occasion, but look on the bright side - Yes, you can usually find one if you try hard enough; next year we will have an all bird tree. I have a collection of bird ornaments from around the US and Audra & Rick gave me one from Germany this year. Tomorrow I'll tackle the Nativity, Nutcrackers & Snowbabies.

No comments: