Sunday, January 25, 2009

365/25 The Hose Kids




This is a photo of the all the grandchildren at a get-to-gether from the Hose side of the family. Sylvester Burgess Hose Sr. & Grace Francis (Ogden) had five children. Shirley, Sylvester (Junior), Chauncey Deveere (Duff), Janet & Sandy. These five children begot all the grandchildren in this picture and more that came later in one family. Anyway, can you find me? There are only four girls, so it shouldn't be too hard.

On a sad note, three of these cousins are deceased. Two of them due to disease and the other lost his life to a drunk driver. David & Buzzy (Donald) in the center of the top row. And Tracey the bottom row, the second boy to the right.

2 comments:

Meghan said...

you were so photogenic, what happedned?

James said...

Hello Dorsey,

I don't know if you will see this comment as it relates to such an old post concerning the charming photograph of the Hose children.

You don't know me so let me introduce myself. I am James Hose and I live in England. I am researching the Hose Family History as a one name study. That means I am researching all Hose families worldwide.

I have recently been in touch with Kevin Hose in Houghton Lake, MI. He has told me some details of his family including Sylvester B. Hose Snr. and his wife Grace Francis. While searching the internet I came upon your blogg page and the photograph of the Hose children. I think from that you must have some connection with the family. Can you identify all the children in the photograph and how they relate to their Grandparents? It would be especially useful if you could identify their parents so I can accredit them to the correct family.

I can be contacted on
james19kent@btinternet.com

I am also on Facebook if you search James Hose. I have also started a group page on Facebook called Hose Family - Worldwide should you wish to see that also.

I can't see how I can contact you any other way so I hope you will forgive my intrusion on your blog page.

Kind Regards

James Hose, England