Tuesday, January 13, 2009

365/13 The Mitten Legacy

These are mittens I knitted when daughter number two was in approx. 1st grade. I know which of the four girls wore these mittens because they have her initials on them. M.S., for Meghan Sandera. She just turned 29 and now I hang those mittens on my door wall in the winter for decorations. My daughter, now has a little girl of her own and she asked me to make her a hat the color of her new coat last year.This year I made her mittens to match the raspberry coat. I thought of making her mittens with her own initials, but decided to wait until she's a little bit older. I've been knitting since I was 10 years old. Nope, I'm not going to tell you how many years I've kept up this hobby, because it would make me sound wayyyyy to old.

Here's my two year old granddaughter, Sydney enjoying her very first sledding experience with her Mom. Come to think of it, that is the very same hill her mommy broke her leg sledding on. It's just a small hill, but her mom put her leg out to stop the sled from hitting the neighbor's dog and she hit a big tree instead. We stayed well away from the trees this time. Where's the sled? I think they fell off and it continued down the hill without them.

No comments: