Friday, January 23, 2009

365/23 Ruby Boy


Audra has had this cat for six months, a friend was keeping it until she moved, but changed his mind, because he was getting a new puppy. That's why the cat came to live with us for a couple weeks until Audra moves to New Mexico. The cat's name is Ruby, and although you can't see it for all her long fur; she has a hot pink color with bells on it. On Monday, the cat went to the vet to be declawed and spayed. Surprise! The vet called to let Audra know that Ruby was a Rupert. A male cat with undescended testicles. So three incisions later, the cat is fixed and comes home a neutered male. Audra still likes the name Ruby, and the pink collar, so she doesn't want to change a thing. I told her I thought that was fine, I don't think he'll have an identity crisis over it, but I've started calling him/her, Ruby Boy.

It's a nice cat. I held it while Audra injected pain meds into it's mouth and it barely squirmed. She also let her bathe her before she went to the vet. She does meow though when Audra leaves the house....I hope he doesn't have separation anxiety. We all know Audra can't sit still and is constantly on the go.

2 comments:

Meghan said...

this reminds me of the time I had the sick hampter that was losing its hair. we took it to the vet and then home to a flee bath...the next day it had 3 babies.

Ginny said...

Your blog looks great! I am sure that Ruby won't mind his name. We have had cats with all sorts of crazy names. The last stray that showed up at our house got dubbed the Intruder and it stuck (so did he-he's still here). We call him Trudu.