Wednesday, January 28, 2009

365/27 Echinacea



Today I went to the doctors, fearing my cold had turned into something worse. I also thought I might have caught strep throat from Ashley before she left, but that came back negative. My ears are filled with fluid and I have an infection on the left side and a nasty sinus infection. The doctor put me on Augmentin, which is a pretty aggressive antibiotic, so I should be on the mend soon.

The doctor also gave me a handout on sinus infections. This flower in the photo above was on the list of what would possibly be effective to help me get over my sinus infection. Extract from Echinacea and Vitamin C, are both on the possibly effective list. I knew that already and I'm sure most of you do too, but just happened across some flower photos and thought isn't that amazing. It's a shame there aren't more studies being done to find medicinal properties of other plants & flowers. I was surprised garlic wasn't on the list, I thought it's suppose to be a natural antibiotic of sorts.

1 comment:

Ashley said...

i have to go to the doctor's again!!! the tonsil and gland on the one side of my throat are all swollen, for the fourth time in four months. i'm really getting sick of it...