Monday, January 26, 2009

365/26 Danan's Story

The true story of how Danan became part of this family. A friend of ours had a soft coated Wheaten Terrier and I took care of their son and fell in love with them both, the boy and the dog. So I saved all my money from doing respite care for Erik, so that I could buy myself a companion for when the girls left for college. Amber was such a good dog I decided to go with the same breeder.

This particular dog had a large litter of 10 puppies, not the average size litter. Two of them had already been picked up and three more were males, so the day I arrived I had five adorable puppies to choose from and believe me it was impossible. So I just asked them (the puppies), who wants to be in the Korte family? And the one little puppy in the back right hand corner raised her paw as if to shake; in a way introduce herself.



Believe it or not, that's my story and I'm sticking to it. You could ask Audra, she was with me.











Here's some adorable pictures of her growing up. Her full name is Andelane's (name of the Kennel) Elora Danan (name of the baby princess in the movie WILLOW) Jole (everyone wanted to get in the act - Audra's contribution). It was suppose to be spelled Jolie. I found out later. We call her Danan, pronounced Dannon, like the yogurt. She's an incredibly well-behaved dog, these past five years with her have been really awesome.

No comments: