Friday, August 28, 2009

My Guy

This little guy (who isn't so little anymore) snuck his way into my heart around 3-4 years ago. We spend quite a bit of time together. We have many great days, and a few not so great days, but that's the way it goes. My guy has a label, it says autism.



G.T. reading a Thomas the train book. Why do autistic kids like Thomas so much? I've been told it's because they like the sameness. Around and around goes the train on a track.



Sometimes he looks very young for his age, like in this photo.



I take him to the parks to play. To get exercise and to try to get him to interact with me.



At the Hutchings School Playground we play a game. He sends the zip line hanger over to me and I send it back to him with a push. Back and forth we send it to each other. He laughs, I laugh. I encourage him to catch it, he laughs. I tell him good job, he laughs. He loses interest, I laugh. It was fun while it lasted.



I wish I knew what he was thinking when he's zoned out like this.





And this is my favorite because he's smiling, not a wild I'm out of control smile, but just a I know I'm cute kinda smile.

No comments: