Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Catalina What's a Catalina?

It's been a while since I've post anything on groceries, coupons, huge savings.. well you get the picture.

Yesterday I saved BIG! And NO coupons were used. What? No coupons? Dorsey has lost her mind. Wait a minute how'd she do that? Lose her mind? No, silly how did she save BIG without using coupons?

Here's how. Catalinas are printed out of a machine at the checkout station. Meijer started something new in the month of July; depending on how much you spend the Catalina machine gives you a print out of Meijer Cash. I received two $10 Catalinas, one $8 and one $2 for a total of $30 in Meijer Cash. What I earned in July could not be used until August, and further more you had to purchase General Merchandise or Clothing....what a bummer - no groceries. I also had a Catalina for a savings of $5 when you buy a $25 gift card from Meijer, which I then used to pay the bill.





This waffle maker was $35.99. I had $30 in Meijer Cash. OK, now it's $5.99. I had saved $5.00 on the gift card. Now it's .99 + .84 tax = $1.83. As you can see by my receipt it says $1.50 in coupons. Well it was really another catalina, but who's complaining, I got this waffle maker for .33 Cents!!!



Plus I saved $11.89 for shopping in store sales. That Dorsey is one savy shopper!

1 comment:

Meghan said...

Now do you need my buttermilk oatmeal waffle recipe?? It is one of our favs for dinner since breakfast is usually a rush during the week.