Friday, August 14, 2009

A Blogging Award Just for ME & (9 other people)

Christy over at I'm Especially Fond of You! gave me this AWARD.





I have to admit that when I first saw it on her blog, I thought it said Honest Crap. Well sometimes it is on my blog and a few others I've read, but Christy's blog is pretty down to earth; I'm sure you'll be blessed if you check it out. She's an amazing Mom to four little kids. Her blog is named after the statement mentioned in the book "The Shack", which is a novel of one man’s encounter with God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit and how he was healed and transformed as a result of it. The phrase “I am especially fond of you” is a phrase God uses several times throughout the book describing His love for all of his children. Christy says that that description of how much God loves his children was a wonderful reminder for her during such a difficult time in their lives when their little one Emma was diagnosed with Batten's disease. Click on the "I'm Especially Fond of you" link above to meet Emma, Christy and the rest of the family.

Thanks Christy for thinking of me.


I have to say 10 things about myself and then pass this award on to 10 other people.


1) To say that I love children is an understatement. They are a huge pick-me-up each and every time I am with them. I don't care if they are fussy, dirty or sleeping; I just love being with them.

2) I'm seriously addicted to popcorn, it is my comfort food. When I'm cremated I want my loved ones to throw in some popcorn, so I can go out with big bang or at least lots of little ones.

3) I'm an avid reader on all things autism. I pray answers will come soon for all those in need of them. Please God so many families are suffering. And continue to use me to help those in need for as long as I am able.

4) I find that the older I get the more I enjoy a good laugh, maybe because I find there is less to laugh about.

5) I love photography. They say a picture is worth a thousand words. Just once in my life I'd like to take a picture that would leave people speechless. My favorite things to photograph are children and nature.

6) Things that annoy me: Litter, people that drive & talk on their cell phones, people that that repeat the word "hello" on the phone if there is a slight pause in conversation. Ugh! That one kills me. People who talk trashy in public!

7) My favorite things to do: Visiting my kids & grandkids, blogging, couponing, photography, eating out, reading, hugging my husband, playing with my dog, making crafts.

8) This is embarrassing and weird. I talk to myself, but only if there's someone to listen to me. If I'm all alone I don't ...so does that really count? I'm so confused.

9) I come from a long line of hunters, fishers, trappers & gardeners. I don't hunt, fish or trap, but I do love to garden; both flowers & veggies. I have to admit that the heat gets to me though, so I've cut way back compared to what I used to plant and maintain.

10) In my younger days: I cloth diapered and breast fed my four girls and made my own baby food. I had an organic garden, canned and froze my own veggies, hung clothes on the line and cooked from scratch. Those were the good old days! Boy times have changed!

The second half of this will be in a separate post. I will choose 10 people that deserve this "Honest Scrap Award" and pass it onto them.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My favorite ones were #3 and #8. #3 just really touched my heart and #8 just really made me laugh!