Thursday, August 6, 2009

For You - Dr. DiMagno


I promised my doctor last month that I'd get back on the Wii and lose weight. Remember her, in the picture to the left? Well I told myself I'd begin after the girls went back home and we quit having all those favorite meals and dinners out. August 1st was the date.... I tried but couldn't force myself to pull out the mat, the board, the controls, adjust the TV settings etc. etc., so the first morning I did 15 minutes of floor exercises instead and again the same routine on the 2nd & 3rd day of August. Cut me some slack, I'm no spring chicken. But yesterday I prevailed, I'm back on the Wii Fit Program.

The Wii is kind of intimidating, it keeps track of everything and there's no holding back on the comments. I was greeted with Hi Dorsey, it's been 111 days since I last saw you. And to make matters worse there is no where to type in excuses. I'll be honest I gained 5 lbs since I was last on the Wii. Remember the vacation in Maine eating lobster...vacation to Asheboro eating Meghan's gourmet cooking...feasting on all Ashley's favorite meals while she was here from Mexico. I guess I should feel fortunate that it wasn't 10 lbs.

Yesterday I focused on Yoga & ended with dance steps for a cardio finish. The male instructor I chose yelled at me once, that's a first. He said "Your muscles won't train themselves you know." I guess I wasn't putting enough effort into it. And listen to this...I accidentally hit the retry button and didn't feel like doing that particular pose again, so I went and got a drink instead and finished just the very end of the exercise and the instructor gave me a big fat ZERO. He said "I know you took a break during this exercise". Good Grief! I can't get away with anything, even with a TV Yoga trainer.

I'll keep you posted on my Wii adventures and tell you all about the pounds just melting off me.

3 comments:

Meghan said...

I am proud of you mom, its hard to get back in a routine. Next time you come I may not be cooking gourmet!

Ashley said...

um, i never cook gourmet... hope you're not disappointed. anyway, i thought it would be fun for everybody if you posted a video of yourself hula hooping :)

Dorsey said...

I'll have to think about that one for awhile. Maybe after I lose my 20 pounds. Hula Hooping is very entertaining when anyone does it...I must admit - I'm just a little more entertaining than most.